2/19/07 The Spring Visitor's Day
--Corbett Center ground floor.
We presented information about the NMSU Badminton Club to new students, campus visitors, and other student organizations.
Everyone who left their name and contact information was added to the club email list.
We appreciate everyone's help, including Donghui, Desh, Rong, Suresh, Justin, Zhining and others.
Last update: 10/07/08
3/3/07 The International Festival Volunteers
-- Corbett Center 3rd floor ballroom.
We want to say "thank you" to four volunteers, Aleen Mohammed, Karthik Krothapalli, Rita Wu and Zhining Ou, who represented our club in helping CIP (the Center for International Programs) host this activity. Their efforts, on behalf of the Badminton Club, were to accomplish community services hours required for funding requests. The grant money will be used to purchase club equipment and consumable items like shuttlecocks.
Special thanks to Suresh, who first responsed to serve but was sick on the day. And Aleen, who initially approached the club president and stayed till the end.
The Badminton Club sincerely thanks these members, who were truly willing to help our club with their tangible support and time.
Happy working -- Rita, Aleen and Karthik
Aleen, Karthik and Zhining
3/18/07 The Salvation Army Thrift Store Volunteers
-- 220 E. Solano St. Las Cruces.
Five members helped for this volunteer event: Aleen Mohammed, Bharat Medasani, Karthik Krothapalli, and Suresh Kukalakuntla, who contributed their time and effort to work for the Salvation Army, a non-profit organization that gives back 90% of its sales to the community. They spent 5 hours on the first Sunday of spring break, sorting and classifying old clothes, books, and other living supplies donated by residents from the city. The agency greatly appreciated their enthusiasm and gave them a very good evaluation on their work.
Say "thank you" to these members next time you meet them, they did a good job for the club.
April 2007 The bill was passed in ASNMSU senates meetings
Message from the NMSU Badminton Club President:
I greatly appreciate those members who contributed their passion and time to the club for funding activities, and those who were willing to help.
1. Thanks to volunteers Aleen Mohammed, Karthik Krothapalli, Rita Wu and Zhining Ou, each of whom contributed 2 hours helping CIP in the international festival, representing the badminton club for on-campus community service.
2. "Thank you" to Aleen Mohammed, Bharat Medasani, Karthik Krothapalli, and Suresh Kukalakuntla, who worked for the Salvation Army Thrift Store for 5 hours on a Sunday for off-campus community service.
3. Thanks to ASNMSU senator Tszyin(Ken) Kan, Kai Cheng, and Aditya Chavali, who have supported us in senators meetings, thus helping our bill pass. Special thanks to Ken, our responsible representative in the senate, who spent a lot of time preparing the bill and gave very useful suggestions.
4. To all of our faculty advisors, Desh, Tony, Justin, David P. and Donghui, for endless support and guidance.
5. To Lydia Quintana, ASNMSU comptroller, who was very kind in assisting us in placing the money in a position to make equipment orders.
6. To all others who were involved in these issues and kept their eyes on the club's growth.
In all, we now have over $2100 in funds, with $1320 from ASNMSU, and our own Club donations. With this money we will buy new rackets, string, shuttles, stringing equipment, and overgrips. All of this equipment should last over 2 years!
Items purchased will be posted here as soon as it is available.
Again, thank you all.