Questions you NEED
to answer in a written form in your
Analyze the graph below answer the following questions:
- What electrochemical reactions take place on the top part
of the CV curve and the bottom part?
- Label the anodic and the cathodic currents
- Is the redox reaction reversible or irreversible in this
- What can you say about the rates of oxidation and
reduction reactions (large, small)?
- What are ipc and ipa?
Based on that and the equation (5), what is the
concentation of K3Fe(CN)6? Presume
that the electrode area is A = 0.1 cm2
- What is E1/2 for Fe(CN)63-?
- Sketch the CV for K4Fe(CN)6
- What oxidation states do you expect for Ru?
What kind of questions you MAY be
asked before the Lab.
- Does E1/2 depend on temperature?
solvent? electrolyte?anything else?
- Why does the CV amplitude depend on the sweep rate?
- Why do we need electrolyte in the cell?
- How would the picture above change if one of the redox
reactions (reduction or oxidation) becomes slow?
- Why do you need to blow inert gas through the cell?
- Why polishing of electrodes is necessary? What does it
Last updated 02/01/02.